Please get involved and take part in our 2018 travel survey launching in early January.
Open until the end of January 2018.
The University conducts a survey of staff and student travel every two years. This is both to monitor progress against the Travel Plan targets, and to identify what improvements staff and students would like to see to ease their journey to campus.
Here are just some of the improvements that have been made as a direct result of the feedback you have provided in these surveys:
- - Widening of the shared path between Agriculture, Meteorology and Friends Bridge to allow more space for cyclists and pedestrians to share.
- - Commissioning a report looking at shared routes across Whiteknights camps to guide a programme of route improvements.
- - Installation of new lockable cycle parking shelters outside Chemistry, RUSU, Agriculture and Harbourne builings
- - Additional sheltered cycle parking on all three main campuses.
- - Introduction of a night bus service
- - Increased frequency of buses between the University and town centre.
- - New larger bus shelter installed on Chancellors Way
- - Improvements to lighting in a range of locations.
- - Improvements to the drainage along Queen's Drive to avoid flooding.
- - Production of the University shower map to highlight where showers are available.
- - Introduction of cycle2work scheme in June 2014
Our latest University Travel Plan was approved by the Environment and Sustainability Committee in June 2017. The Travel Plan sets out our plans for increasing sustainable travel and targets to 2022. It is extremely important that the University continues to set targets and make progress against them in order to minimise our impact on the local environment. Our headline target is that we want to see 83% of travel to the University to be via sustainable modes of travel (not single occupant car). More detail can be found in the Travel Plan. It includes an Action Plan for the 5 year period. It is monitored by the biannual travel survey, but we're working on other methods of monitoring.
Travel Projects and Progress Updates
Each year we will publish an update to our Travel Plan action plan highlighting progress that has been made that year. The next update will be due in June 2018.