*Due to popular demand Recycle Your Cycle will be back selling second hand bikes on Wednesday 24th October, 12:00 - 14:00 in the quad outside RUSU*
We will also have lights and locks and a visit from Dr Bike.
12 – 2pm More bikes available to Buy or Hire
- Second hand bike sale with ReCycle Your Cycle.
- UniCycle Hire Bikes from £10 / term run by RUSU.
- Bike Security Labelling, Locks and Lights for sale.
- And lots of information on support for cycling on and off campus.
11 – 3pm Dr Bike* (Please note we’ve moved his visit from Thursday 25th to coincide with the sale).: come along for a FREE cycle safety check.
**Cyclists – don’t forget the clock’s go back this weekend so you’re more likely to be going home in the dark from next week. You will need lights for cycling on and off campus. If you can’t make the event, get good lights from retailers in town, online or Security Services sell them in Whiteknights House.**
Get On Your Bike event - 3 October 2018
Once again we're hosting the ultimate event for cyclists and anyone looking to start cycling in Reading.
- Hire a bike from as little as £10 per term (plus deposit) with RUSU’s Unicycle scheme
- Buy a second hand bike starting at £50 from Recycle Your Cycle (and help support prisoner reform at the same time)
- Check out the deals on brand new bicycles from Cycle Republic
- Free smoothies, cycle information and helmets from Wokingham Borough Council
- Get tips on how to look after your bike with Reading Bicycle Kitchen
- Get your bike a free check over from Dr Bike.
- Get your bike security labelled from Security Services
- Buy lights and locks from Security Services
- Find out about UK road laws and how to keep yourself as safe as possible on the roads with our free and fun cycle skills courses.
- Learn to ride a bike with our beginners cycle skills sessions
The event will be running from 11:00 - 15:00 on Wednesday 3rd October, in the quad outside Palmer. If the weather is against us we will be inside Palmer Foyer.
To download the event poster click on the image above, or here.