The Mathematics Support Centre tutors provide one-to-one help with mathematics and statistics for all Reading students. We are a primarily a drop-in centre, helping your students to better understand the mathematics and statistics needed for their course.
The help we provide includes:
- helping your students to understand the topic in question
- explaining lecture notes and other materials
- providing further examples and worksheets (in hard copy and on Blackboard), with answers
- guiding your students on how to study mathematics effectively
- directing your students to additional sources of instruction (e.g. text-books, and on-line sites such as www.mathcentre.ac.uk)
- helping with revision, and preparation for tests and exams
- providing practice papers for numerical tests, as used by many companies for recruitment purposes
We also hold weekly Wednesday workshops throughout the year; the topics for each term can be found on our website: www.reading.ac.uk/mathssupport
This also gives details of our location, opening hours, and links to useful learning resources.