We support Reading students and Graduates in enhancing their employability, careers and educational prospects in preparation for the changing world of work and further learning. To this end students are able to engage with Careers Consultants, Placement Officers, and staff who run the Thrive mentoring Scheme, RED award and UROP.
What we provide
We support full-time and part-time undergraduate and postgraduate (taught and research degree) students across the University (Students of Henley Business School have dedicated provision through Henley Business Schools’ Careers Service).
It is essential that students engage with Careers early, this is important for their personal development, and so that they can catch the notoriously early graduate recruitment deadlines (which are in September/October for full time roles starting September the following year).
Service information: www.reading.ac.uk/careers
Key services include:
- Careers information – through a range of print and multimedia resources reading.ac.uk/careers
- A vacancy database (MyJobs Online) of graduate jobs, placements, part-time and vacation work.
- An online careers resource providing career insights, help in the recruitment process, access to vacancies across the globe and more
- Personalised 20-minute one to one career appointments which students can book online seven days in advance. These sessions can be run remotely via Skype of telephone if preferred. Can be booked online here MyJobs Online
- Practice interviews, can be booked online here MyJobs Online
- Careers events – including a comprehensive workshop programme each academic term and careers fairs.
- Careers within the curriculum – link careers consultants will deliver talks in career learning sessions by arrangement with departments – See Contact points under Supporting Academic Tutors below
- Graduate career support up until 18 months after graduation
- Campus Jobs
- RED Award.
- Reading Internship Scheme
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme.
- Thrive mentoring scheme.
Supporting Academic Tutors
There is dedicated Careers Consultant for each School and department across the University. To identify your appropriate link contact the following: