The Disability Advisers provide expert professional advice on supporting students with a range of disabilities. They work with your student from pre-registration to ensure they have reasonable adjustments and accommodation needs met prior to arrival. Some students may choose not to declare until arrival, we encourage you to direct those students to us as soon as possible to assess their needs.
The service offers advice and guidance to students with any disability, mental health condition, or specific learning difficulty (SpLD). For more information please go to the website. https://student.reading.ac.uk/essentials/_support-and-wellbeing/disability.aspx or https://www.reading.ac.uk/do/disability-information-landing.aspx
Key areas they work on are listed below:
- Guidance on Disabled Students Allowance
- Liaising with you about your students
- Managing information sharing within the University
- Referrals into and out of the University
- Making reasonable adjacent recommendations