As an Academic Tutor you should:
- discuss students’ career ambitions and employability goals, and encourage students to work towards realising those goals whilst at Reading
- signpost relevant opportunities (e.g. gaining work experience, careers training participation, study abroad, student societies, volunteering etc)
- help students to identify and overcome barriers through tutor referral to specialist Careers support
- reflect on progress made in order to maintain motivation and build resilience
- write references for students, when requested
For tips on what you could/should be talking to your students about at different stages of their degree please see the critical careers intervention points document.